Located in Inglewood, the site consisted of two locations totaling approximately 15.42 acres and was used by the U.S. Air Force (USAF) as an aircraft plant known as Air Force Plant Number 9. In 1953, approximately 10.39 acres were conveyed to North American Aviation (later known as Rockwell International) by way of a quitclaim deed, and 4.94 acres of leased property was returned to the City of Los Angeles, and then subsequently leased by Rockwell International. Prior to the return of property to the City of Los Angeles, Rockwell International removed all known underground storage tanks.
North American Aviation (Rockwell) continued
to use the property for operations associated with the manufacturing
of aircraft components until October 1989. No documentation of
soil or groundwater contamination exists at the site. This area
is currently part of the Imperial Cargo Complex and is occupied
by an access road and several air cargo facilities.
Source: Los Angeles District,
US Army Corps of Engineers (26 Aug 91)