Effective 23 March 1944, the Army-Navy Freight Distributing Agency
was established at Oakland. Calif. as a Class IV installation
under the control of the Chief of Transportation in accordance
with paragraph 6a(4), AR 170-10. The Agency was a part of the
District Transportation Office, U. S. Army, San Francisco and
under the jurisdiction of the Zone Transportation Officer, Ninth
Zone, Salt Lake City, UT
Army-Navy Freight Distributing Agency. Oakland was redesignated
as a separate Class IV installation, was removed from such classification
and operated as a subordinate installation of the Ninth Zone
Transportation Officer, Salt Lake City, UT per War Department
Circular No. 320 dated 2 August 1944.
Army-Navy Freight Distributing Agency. Oakland, was located at
211 Wood St., Oakland - War Department Bulletin No. 42, dated
20 August 1945.
Effective 1 May 1946, transportation zones (including transportation
districts) and service commands were consolidated - per Army
Service Forces Circular No. 97, dated 13 April 1946.
Center of Military History
Historical Data Card - Post, Camp, Station or Air Field