SITE NAME: Army-Navy Distributing Center.
LOCATION: The site is located in the City of Oakland, California.
SITE HISTORY: On 15 October 1943, the War Department leased a total of 3.08 acres from the Santa Fe Land and Improvement Company. The site was called the Army-Navy Distributing Center, Alameda County, California. The site was used for warehousing facilities and trucking operations, and as a distributing center by the 9th District's Transportation Officer. The War Department terminated the lease on 15 June 1946 (3.08 acres). The Santa Fe Land and Improvement Company owned the site until 1982. The property is in private hands.
Source: Sacramento District, US Army Corps of Engineers
Posted 3 January 2009
|Subscribe to California Military History|
|Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com|