SITE NAME: Beale TVOR Annex.
LOCATION: The site is located 52 miles north of Sacramento and 13 miles northeast of Marysville in Yuba County, California.
SITE HISTORY: The United States leased the 0.02-acre site from Elizabeth and Louise Ahart on 15 January 1958. The site was known as Beale TVOR .Annex, Yuba County, CA. The site was used as a Class "B" Terminal very-high-frequency Omni Range (TVOR) facility for Beale Air Force Base (BAFB). The site was a holding and instrument approach facility providing navigational aid to aircraft operating in the vicinity of BAFB. The lease terminated on 31 March 1977. The Corps of Engineers real estate records do not show whether restoration was required.
The historical records do not include 286.98 non-exclusive use leased acres on this site, which was leased from the same parties as listed above.
The only military remnants evident at the
site are two concrete pads where the former TVOR instrumentation
was mounted, a 948-foot asphalt access road, and a 110-foot radius
ring of fence posts.
Posted 11 October 2010