On 27 January 1955, the Air Force leased a total of 0.80 acre from Mr. David Compton, a private individual. The site was called Calistoga Radio Beacon Annex and was used by the Air Defense Command and consisted of an antenna tower and a single-story wooden building. The lease terminated on 7 July 1962. The site is currently privately owned and is part of the Calistoga Gliderport.
Source: US Army Corps of Engineers Public FUDS GIS System