LOCATION: The site is in central California ,in San Benito County, 90 miles west of the city of Fresno and 35 miles southeast of the city of Hollister atop the Call Mountains in Township 15 South, Range 8 East, Section 23.
SITE HISTORY: The 0.84-acre site (approximately
100 feet by 300 feet) was leased by the Air Force from William
Butts on 2 March 1955. It was used by the Western Air Defense
Command as a radio relay facility. No information is available concerning construction or equipment. The lease terminated in August 1958. There were also three No-Use-Area
leases for Co-use Road Right-of-Way and they too terminated in August, 1958. There was no information regarding restoration of the site on any of the leases.