The Cambria site was first leased by the U.S. Air Force from a private owner from 1950 to 1955. In 1955 the Air Force acquired fee title to the site. The Air Force constructed a communications building and installed a 500 gallon underground fuel storage tank adjacent to the communications building. The property was declared excess by the Air Force in 1972 and was transferred to the U.S. Coast Guard in 1973.
Source: Corps of Engineers, Los Angeles District