CALIFORNIA STATE MILITIA
A LICENSED MILITARY ORGANIZATION
14TH & MISSION STS. - SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF.
To All Male Citizens of San Francisco:
1. You are going to be called upon to fight for your country either at one of the battle fronts or, if the occasion arises, in the streets or in the vicinity of San Francisco.
2. If you are young enough and in good physical condition you may have the opportunity of meeting the enemy on the field of battle.
3. If you are in this class you will want to have as much preliminary training in the functions of a fighting man as you can get before you go into the Service.
4. You can secure valuable preliminary training, FREE OF ALL CHARGES, by joining the California State Militia, 17th Infantry. You can receive this training on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday every week from 7:30 to 9:30 p. m.
5. If you are intelligent and anxious to prepare yourself for a commission or non-commission officers' warrant, the 17th Infantry conducts an officers' and non-commission officers' school every Friday night from 7:30 to 9:30. These schools are open to all members of the 17th Infantry and every basic subject in the school of the fighting man is taught in these Friday night classes. If you are anxious to get ahead in the Service, attendance at the 17th Infantry officers' or non-commission officers' school will place you far ahead of the average recruit when you go into the Service.
6. If you are over the draft age or have a slight physical disability which keeps you out of the active service, you still have the opportunity of serving your country by becoming a member of the 17th Infantry, California State Militia. Every man who must remain at home during this war may have to fight for his home and family in the event of an invasion. TRAINED citizens will stand and fight-because they know how to use a weapon that can repel the enemy, and they belong to a military group organized to cooperate with the regular army.
7. Untrained civilians are apt to become hysterical and run from danger-because they have no military leadership-no training that would enable them to cooperate with a military unit.
8. Every male citizen of SAN FRANCISCO should belong to the CALIFORNIA STATE MILITIA and should JOIN AT ONCE! Select either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night for your training and go at once to the State Armory, 14th and Mission Streets, at 7:30 on the night you want to begin training. You will be assigned to a company and begin training immediately. Remember, there is no charge of any kind for this training.
IF YOU WOULD RATHER FIGHT FOR YOUR HOME AND FAMILY THAN LIVE LIKE A SLAVE YOU WILL JOIN THE 17TH INFANTRY, CALIFORNIA STATE MILITIA . . . N O W !