Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Burnt Ranch
A temporary camp established in 1864, Burnt Ranch has been identified only as having been located "30 miles north of Hoopa" in either present day Humboldt County or Del Note County. It was used by California Volunteers while moving Indians to Fort Humboldt from May to Novermber of that year.