- Historic California
- Camp Burton
- A temporary camp, April 28 to May 19,
1855, near San Diego, it was estahlished by Captain Henry S.
Burton, commanding Battery F, 3rd Artillery. He and his men had
come from Monterey to set up a temporary position before occupying
permanent quarters in the then abandoned Mission San Diego de Alcala in Mission Valley.