Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Established 9 January 1856 during the
Red Cap War by elements of the 4th Infantry out of Fort Humboldt. This camp in what is now Del
Norte County was irregularly garrisoned until 1858. The Red Cap
War which began in 1855 led to the removal of the Yuroks and
seven other tribes to the Hoopa Valley Indian Reservation.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster