Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Grass Valley
Camp Grass Valley was a Civilian Conservation Corps camp (Camp F-208) that was transferred to the Military Forces of the State of California to house members of the California State Guard who were charged with guarding railroad bridges, power stations, etc. This transfer was effective 1 december 1942.
The camp consisted of the following buildings:

 Building Number


 Headquarters (former Forestry Office)

 Orderly Room/Recreation Hall/Classroom

Officers' Quarters




Cooks Barracks/Wood shop

Mess Hall


 Supply Room



 Pump House and Water Tower

 Vegetable Shed

 Coal Shed

Wood Shed

It is not known how long the State Guard remained at Camp Grass Valley or when it was closed.