- Historic California
Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
- Camp Johns
- A temporary post established
by troops from the 1st Nevada Cavalry in the summer of 1864,
Occupying it during their expedition in July and August of that
year, it as located in the center of Susanville, adjacent to,
in Lassen County Captain Almond B. Wells, with Company D, 1st
Nevada Cavalry, from Fort Churchill, Nevada, set up a base camp
here which they named Camp Johns. From this print, they toured
the areas of northeastern California and northwestern Nevada.
They returned to Fort Churchill on August 28, 1864.