Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Located on Ballona Creek, on the Ballona Ranch near present day Culver City, a Civil War tent camp was established as a headquarters by the
4th California Volunteer Infantry
in May 1862: During the June-September period, Companies F, G, and H of the regiment garrisoned Camp Latham.
Sometime in September the troops evacuated the post and departed for Arizona to do battle with the Confederate forces.
Search our Site!
Search the Web
Search California Military History Online
Questions and comments concerning this site should be directed to the
Updated 8 February 2016