Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Liscom Hill
(Fort Liscom)
A log cabin post, occupied by a small group of California Volunteers, four of them members of the local Janes family, was established during April 1862 at Liscom's Hill to furnish escorts to travelers, express messengers, and supply trains. Liscom Hill was named for Charles Liscom, a well known Humboldt County pioneer. Afier the Civil War the site was the location of Scottsville, formerly the Bates Ranch. Scottsville eventually joined Blue lake as the latter town spread northward.