Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Pine Grove
Located near the town of Jackson, Camp Pine Grove was a Civilian Conservation Corps camp (Camp P-209) that was transferred to the Military Forces of the State of California to house members of the California State Guard who were charged with guarding railroad bridges, power stations, etc. This transfer was effective 1 december 1942.
The camp consisted of the following buildings:

 Building Number






Store Room

 Night Watchman's Quarters


Forestry Office and Quarters


 Mess Hall

Washroom/Supply Room



 Officers' Quarters

Forestry Supply

Forestry Storage

 Water Tank

 Forestry Truck Storage

 Tool Room

Paint Shed

 Wood Shed

 Repair Shop

Class Room


Blacksmith Shop

Pump House
It is not known how long the State Guard remained at Camp Pine Grove or when it was closed.