The former Camp Ross is located in the Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, 19 miles south of the city of Los Angeles Civic Center
Camp Ross was acquired by the War Department through lease 31.026 acres, license 0.918 acres, easement 0.339 acres; and permit, 0.133 acres in 1942. The terms were not to extend beyond the duration of war and sixty days thereafter.
The Army used the former Camp Ross for cantonment area for the Los Angeles Port of Embarkation for U.S. troops from 1942 to the cessation of World War II. The capacity of the post was listed as 3,038 enlisted soldiers and 253 officers
Upon cessation of World War II, the camp was declared surplus to the needs of the U.S. Government. The leases over 31.026 acres were terminated from 3 September 1945 to 10 February 1947. The license for 0.918 acre was terminated on 1 April 1946. The permit for 0.133 acre was terminated on 1 October 1948. The easement over 0.339 acre was released on 2 February 1948.
Source: US Army Corps of Engineers