Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Santa Catalina
On January 1, 1864, Company
C of the 4th Infantry, California Volunteers, commanded by Captain
B. R. West, occupied the island. The Army had established the
post on the island with the idea of converting it into a reservation
for Indians. However, when the proposal was abandoned, so was
the Army post.