Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Stanford
A Civil War tent camp established in 1863 in present day Stockton, it occupied two square blocks of land in the then undeveloped perimeter of the city, which are now bounded by Rose, Acacia, Van Buren and Monroe streets. It was used to conduct statewide officers training for the California Militia.
Updated 16 December 2014.