Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Susan
Located at Susanville Lassen County, Camp Susan was a temporary post established in the late string of 1864 by Captain Malachi R. Hassett, 1st Nevada Territorial Infantry, for the purpose of protecting the travel routes in the town's environs. Scouting of the area was under the guidance of Lieutenant Andrew J. Close, who commanded a detachment of 30 men. In October the company was ordered top return to Fort Churchill, Nevada.