Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp Tulare
 
A temporary post on the Tulare Indian Farm located about three miles east of Porterville in Tulare County, it was established in February of 1871 by 1st Lieutenant William Vose, 2nd Artillery Regiment, with Company D, aggregating 105 men. The first post return was dated April 30, 1871. The camp was evacuated on July 30, and the troops marched nearly 100 miles to the Presidio of San Francisco.

Extracted from Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States

 
 
 
Search our Site!
Google
Search the Web Search California Military History Online
 
Questions and comments concerning this site should be directed to the Webmaster
 
Updated 8 February 2016