Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Camp and Depot Vallecito
by Robert B. Roberts
 
A stage station first occupied by Army troops in 1850, it eventually became an important supply center, which lasted until 1853, although it had been officially abandoned as a post. Its site, including the restored stage station, is the present Vallecito County Park, some 19 miles south of Scissors Crossing.
 
Extracted from Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States