Historic California Posts, Camps,
Stations and Airfields
Fort Miley: Lands End Leased Reservation
(Anti-Motor Torpedo Boat Batteries
Land and Buck)
by Justin Ruhge
These batteries were located at Lands End north of Fort Miley.
Battery Land was two fixed 90-mm guns (M3) and two mobile 90-mm
guns (M1A1). These guns were emplaced in 1943 and were still
in existence at the end of 1945.
Battery Buck was two 40-mm automatic weapons.
These replaced the earlier 37-mm weapons. This battery was also
established in 1943 and were in operation until 1945.
Completed Works - Seacoast Fortification