Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Lemoore Auxiliary Field
(Lemoore Auxiliary Field A-1)
The former Lemoore Auxiliary Field, now
known as Corcoran Airport, is located approximately one mile
west of Corcoran in Kings County, California. The 220 acre tract
was acquired by the Army through a lease. The land was leased
from Mr. Elmer von Glahn and Mrs. Frances von Glahn. The lease
was dated October 13, 1941 and recorded in the County Recorders
Office on May 18, 1942.
The document did not lease to the Government
the right of ways for the canals and highways or the buildings
located on the southern boundaries of the Lemoore Auxiliary Field.
The acreage was used by the Army Air Forces as an auxiliary for
Lemoore Army Air Field, California; the site was used as a landing
field to train pilots. The lessor (Mr. von Glahn) also had joint
use of the runways, so long as he did not interfere with the
operations of the military.
The entire 220 acres was released to Mr.
Von Glahn on September 1, 1944.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster