Historic California Posts, Camps,
Stations and Airfields
Mount Vaca Radio Relay Station
Mount Vaca Radio
Relay Station circa 16 January 1967
US Army Corps of Engineers Sacramento
District History (1993)
In 1952, the U.S. Government acquired
37.11 fee acres and 1.54 easement acres by negotiation from McClatchy
Broadcasting Company. Total acreage acquired for the subject
site was 38.65.
The site was known as Mt. Vaca Radio Relay
Station (Supplementary to Sixth Army
Radio Receiving Station, Middletown, CA). The site was situated
in Napa and Solano Counties, nine miles north of Fairfield, CA.
The site was used as a radio relay station by the Army. Improvements
include a concrete block building, a metal-sided building, two
antenna towers, and an underground storage tank.
On 29 February 1968, 0.21 acre was quitclaimed
to the State of California with no recapture provisions. On 1
July 1968, 38.44 acres were transferred to the Department of
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster