Historic California Posts, Camps,
Stations and Airfields
Naval Industrial Reserve Plant,
US Army Corps of Engineers Sacramento
District History (1993)
On 04 December 1942, a total of
0.53 fee acres were acquired to establish the Naval Industrial
Reserve Plant (NIRP), San Francisco.
The site was formerly the General Engineering and Dry Dock Company.
The lessee of the government-owned property was the Lyco Machine
Works, Inc. Improvements to the site included oil tanks, steam
plants, painting sheds, and a boiler house.
On 25 September 1959, the 0.53 acre site was turned over to the
General Services Administration. Current owner of tbe disposed
area is Blue Jeans Equities West, and the site is currently part
of the Levi Strauss, Inc. Corporate Headquarters complex known
as Levis Plaza.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster