The Del Norte County Airport was constructed in late 1942 by the County of Del Norte under agreement with the Civil Aeronautics Administration. The facility was leased by the Navy as NOLF Crescent City on 11 September 1944. Military use was limited to emergency landings and takeoffs. The lease agreement with Del Norte County was terminated on 10 February 1947. After the Navy vacated the site, the Del Norte County Agriculture Commission used the site from 1970 to 1981. Since then, various aviation companies have been located on the former DoD site.
Source: US Army Corps of Engineers Public FUDS GIS System