Historic California Posts, Camps,
Stations and Airfields
Detachment Housing Area, Oakland
US Army Corps of Engineers Sacramento
Around 1943, the U.S. Government acquired
18.02 fee acres from the estate of M. J. Kerwin. Total acreage
for the site was 18.02
The site was known as the Oakland Municipal
Airport, Detachment Housing Site. The site was used by the DoD
as a detachment housing site for the Oakland Municipal Airport.
A list of improvements was not available.
On 26 June 1946, the 18.02 acres were transferred to the Federal
Public Housing Administration (FPHA). The site is currently owned
by the City of Oakland and used as a regional park and school
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster