The Bulk Fuel Storage Facilities property, consisting of 31.346 acres, is located on the south side of and adjoins the Naval Fuel Supply Depot at Point Molate in Contra Costa County.
The site was acquired by the Department of Defense (DOD) on 3 December 1951 for the proposed construction of bulk aviation fuel storage facilities to be used by the Air Force. The Air Force subsequently abandoned plans for construction of the bulk fuel storage facilities at Point Molate.
The property was reported as excess to General Services Administration (GSA) on 12 October 1955. GSA sold the property to Standard Oil Company (now Chevron USA) on 2 July 1956. There were no restrictions, recapture clauses, or restoration provisions in the deed. The site is currently void of any structures, buildings, or facilities. There is no evidence of hazardous or toxic waste or other unsafe conditions resulting from DOD use.
Source: Sacramento District, US Army Corps of Engineers
Updated 13 May 2014
|Subscribe to California Military History|
|Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com|