US Army Corps of Engineers Sacramento
District History (1992)
On 14 January 1959, the U.S. Government
acquired 1 acre by lease from Standard Oil of California.
This site, known as the Richmond Radio
Beacon Annex Military Reservation, was used as a radio beacon
station. The primary installation for the site was Hamilton Air
On 30 June 1962, the lease was terminated. A restoration fee
of $1,310 was paid in lieu of performancd. The site is currently
owned by Chevron U.S.A., Inc. and is used as a storage (reclamation)
yard for refinery equipment.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster