US Army Corps of Engineers Los Angeles
District History (1992)
Located approximately 8 miles south of Pescadero and 2 miles
northeast of Pigeon Point Lighthouse in San Mateo County, California.
In 1942, the United States of America transferred 331.40 acres
of land by a use permit that was used in lieu of a formal directive.
The site was a radio transmitter site with ownership by the Civil
Aeronautics Administration (CAA). The War Department was authorized
to utilize the site for military purposes. The last using service
prior to retransfer was the IV Fighter Command. The site restoration
was considered complete with the filling of foxholes, gun emplacement
pits, and trenches; removal of camouflage farm implements and
vehicles; and removal of barbed-wire entanglements. There was
no accounting of other improvements to the site by the permittee;
however, there were improvements by the CAA prior to the transfer.
The use permit identified the Shoreland Properties, Inc. as the
lessor and the CAA as the lessee; whereas, other documents indicated
the CAA as the sole landowner of the site. On 16 February 1947,
the total 331.40 acre-site was retransferred to the CAA.
US Army Corps of Engineers Real Estate
Map Click Image for a more
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster