Historic California Posts, Camps,
Stations and Airfields
Santa Ana Radio Station
by Justin Ruhge
In October 1941 the government built a
radio monitoring station. It was located in Orange County on
110 acres of fenced land in South Santa Ana. The new detection
center was a two-story Colonial-type home, which cost $75,000.
The station was used to detect coded messages from agents of
foreign powers. In 1979 the structure was razed to construct
the Centennial Regional Park.
References: The SAAAB Story
by Edrick J. Miller, 1981. The Costa Mesa Historical Society.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster