Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
Established on August 21, 1862, near Stockton
in San Joaquin County, by Captain J. B. Moore, 3rd California Volunteers, with four companies
of troops, aggregating 174 men, the post was evacnated in October
1862. Nothing remains of this tent camp that was located along
today's McKinney Avenue south of California Street.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster