Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
A Civil War post established
sometime in 1861 by elements of the 5th California Infantry, Who named it for their regimental
commander. It was located across from Camp Latham in Willow Grove, now the Los Angeles
suburb of Culver City. The post was abandoned in 1862 when the
Army moved to Drum Barracks in Wilmington.
Questions and comments concerning
this site should be directed to the Webmaster