Historic California Posts, Camps, Stations and Airfields
In 1863 a post named Camp Gilmore, was established about four miles north of Trinidad in Humboldt County to protect the mail route. It was garrisoned by elements of the
1st Battalion of Mountaineers, California Volunteers.
The camp was abandoned sometime in 1864.
Search our Site!
Search the Web
Search California Military History Online
Questions and comments concerning this site should be directed to the
Updated 8 February 2016